Coming across an insane person

well, It was four years ago, my family and I went to Madura to visit my uncle and his family who lived in Sumenep.

On the way, we went astray. In our bewilderedness we saw someone stood under a tree near the road. Then my father asked him, “Hi, do you know the route to go to Sumenep?” And he answered with a humming, “La… la… la… la… la…la… la….” “Sure,” he said, “I know the route to Sumenep. You just go straight, and then turn left. After that if you see a large farm, you turn right. And finally if you see the river, you just fly… la… la… la… la….”

After he answered like that my father was getting suspicious. And my father said, “Oh, okay, thanks very much, bye.” Then we directly drove away. Not far from there, my father saw a small shop and he asked the shopkeeper, “Hallo, do you know the route to go to Sumenep?” “Yes, of course,” he replied. “From here you go straight, the turn left. Around the traffic light you turn right. After you passed a river, you are already in Sumenep.”

And my father thanked him, and asked, “Oh… I want to ask you. Who is the man standing under the tree?” The shopkeeper said, “Oh, he is an insane person. He wanted to be a policeman but he couldn’t.” “Wow!” my father was little shocked. He immediately said, “Okay, thanks, bye, bye!” And we drove further to Sumenep. When we arrived at my uncle’s house, huh! we were so tired.

No comments: